Sail-World.com : Roger Hill's VooDoo worldwide launch at Sanctuary Cove Boat Show
Roger Hill's VooDoo worldwide launch at Sanctuary Cove Boat Show
'The Roger Hill designed cat will thrill visitors to this year’s Sanctuary Cove boat show.'
Based in New Zealand, Roger Hill Yacht Design’s Voodoo 17 m power cat marks a first for the company with its trail blazing design, and launches worldwide at the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show, May 24-27, 2012.
Incorporating the impressive combination of hydro foils along with an asymmetric hull shape, Voodoo achieves exceptional performance, economy and speed even in the most challenging of conditions on the high seas.
Director, Roger Hill said he loved the challenge of incorporating Lifting Foils and Surface Drives to truly result in a high performance catamaran already gaining wide spread interest before its international launch.
'The concept was to produce a state of the art catamaran both in looks and function – I’ve been designing for 36 years and I love to continue to push myself and raise the bar' he said.
Built by Pachoud Yachts in New Zealand, the vessel has proven a genuine contender in rough conditions with a breathtakingly powerful performance and stable ride even at the top speed of 40 knots.
The interior design is outstanding as it is one level, with no stairs to interrupt an amazing indoor/outdoor flow creating a spacious, light-filled atmosphere maximising the nautical views.
Hill continues to surprise the industry with his ‘outside the box’ designs and the Voodoo is testimony to the original quality and design methodology which is Hill’s hallmark.
An extremely highly regarded, yet humble player in the marine design field, Hill is also one of the worlds busiest. Projects completed in just the last year for clients across the globe include:
• The 14m ‘Helicat’ – a planning power cat with fly bridge deck for landing and parking a light helicopter (specifically in this case a Robinson R44)
• The 14.5m semi-displacement fly bridge power cat about to be launched in Auckland
• The 18.5m very high performance ‘cruising’ sailing cat for a French client
• A pair of 15.5 m alloy power cats for an Australian marine engineering company underway in New Zealand for delivery later this year
• A new 21.4 m high performance composite power cat for an Auckland client, preliminary design well advanced for construction to start at end of year.
• A new 20m high performance composite fly bridge power cat for a Brisbane client, preliminary design under way
• A new 11.6m performance cruising sailing cat for a French client
• A new 15m composite planning power cat for an Australian client based in Singapore – build commencing at end of year
• A new deck design for the Arrowcat 20 production boat
• New 13.1m sailing cat underway in Brazil
• New 12.5 m sailing cat design underway for an Auckland client
• A new range of high performance sedan style power cats (both smaller and larger then Voodoo)
Visitors to the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show (May 24-27) can view the Voodoo on ‘D’ arm in the main marina. Roger Hill will also be available throughout the four day Boat Show for questions and interviews.
More at www.powercatz.com
by Jenny Donohoe
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
3:07 AM Thu 10 May 2012 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
Click for further information on
MORE STORIES ...
2012 Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show
Related News Stories:
Our Advertisers are committed to our sport, please support them!
This site and its contents are © Copyright TetraMedia Pty. Ltd and/or the original author, photographer etc. All Rights Reserved.
Photographs are copyright by law. If you wish to use or buy a photograph you must contact the photographer directly (there is a hyperlink in most cases to their website, or do a Google search.) with your request.
Please do not contact
as we cannot give permission for use of other photographer’s images.
Only if the photographer named on the image is Sail-world.com, Powerboat-world.com, Marinebusiness-world.com or NZBoating-World.com.
Ph: +61 2 8006 1873 fax: +61 2 8076 0459
or complete our
[ Banner Advertising Specification
[Bot Archive ]
Customised news feeds -Marine Industry companies, Clubs and Associations have their own customised version of our news feed on their website.