Sail-World.com : Wanted - Coaching Director for HK Sailing Federation
Wanted - Coaching Director for HK Sailing Federation
'Hong Kong Sailing Federation'
The Hong Kong Sailing Federation (HKSF) is looking to fill the position of Coaching Director. This is a new appointment in the national authority's organisation – looking at the skill set required, it’s going to be a huge challenge for someone, but something that will simultaneously generate a very high level of reward.
Earlier this year the HKSF sent its first national windsurfing and sailing team to a major regional event, the Asian Sailing Championships in Langkawi, Malaysia. 'It was a great experience,' said the Team Manager and Chairman of the HKSF Sailing Development Committee, Warwick Downes. 'All our sailors and windsurfers ‘on tour’ as a team proved that the sum of the parts can sometimes be greater than the whole. It was a team occasion, and we are very keen to pursue more events like this, and in the same way. So we are looking for someone to be in charge – a Coaching Director.'
This is not just a Team Management job – it’s bigger than that. The complete job spec can be found at www.sailing.org.hk, but here are a few extracts:
- total responsibility for reviewing, modifying and updating the Federation's current Dinghy Instructor training, Elite Athlete and Racing Coach training, Development of Youth Squads, Safety at Sea Survival certification
- ability to teach the HK PVOL course are also preferable.
- responsibility for organising and overseeing programmes, including conducting inspections of Recognized Teaching Centres in Hong Kong.
- Applicants (will be) well-experienced sailors and holders of valid and suitable qualifications in the following aspects:
(1) qualified Coach in varied disciplines which shall include, but is be limited to, Dinghy, Keelboat, Multihull, Power Boat etc
(2) qualified Personal Watercraft Trainer
(3) qualified Teaching Centre Inspector
(4) qualified Sea Survival Instructor
(5) qualified First Aid Instructor
and must have extensive experience in dinghy instructor training and development of youth squads in varies dinghy classes.
Job Specifications for HKSF Coaching Director
1. Preparing athletes for the Asian Sailing Championship, the Asian Games and the Olympic Games
2. Conduct the Safety At Sea Survival Courses
3. Formulate and conduct training programmes for local Racing Coaches to help with squad training
4. Formulate and implement/conduct Squad Training Programmes for all dinghy classes
5. Formulate and conduct periodic reviews on the HKSF Dinghy Scheme and HKSF Dinghy Instructor Scheme
6. Conduct centre inspections and deal with applications for becoming Recognised Teaching Centres
7. Formulate and conduct periodic reviews on other HKSF training schemes which the HKSF Council has decided to implement
8. Conduct all Dinghy Instructor Training Courses and Revalidation Courses
9. Deal with all matters relating to Instructor Certificate Renewals
10. Write questions for the HKSF PVOL Scheme
11. Help with translating the questions of the PVOL Scheme into Chinese
12. Deliver lectures of the PVOL Grade II courses
13. Conduct practical training courses for PVOL Grade I
14. Provide advice to Council on all matters relating to training and coaching
Application deadline: 11 May 2012.
Go to: www.sailing.org.hk
by Guy Nowell, Sail-World Asia
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
2:07 PM Wed 2 May 2012 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
Click for further information on
2012 HK Sailing Federation News
Our Advertisers are committed to our sport, please support them!
This site and its contents are © Copyright TetraMedia Pty. Ltd and/or the original author, photographer etc. All Rights Reserved.
Photographs are copyright by law. If you wish to use or buy a photograph you must contact the photographer directly (there is a hyperlink in most cases to their website, or do a Google search.) with your request.
Please do not contact
as we cannot give permission for use of other photographer’s images.
Only if the photographer named on the image is Sail-world.com, Powerboat-world.com, Marinebusiness-world.com or NZBoating-World.com.
Ph: +61 2 8006 1873 fax: +61 2 8076 0459
or complete our
[ Banner Advertising Specification
[Bot Archive ]
Customised news feeds -Marine Industry companies, Clubs and Associations have their own customised version of our news feed on their website.