Raymarine is delighted to announce that its award-winning Evolution™ autopilot has won the coveted 2013 NMEA-BWI Technology Award at the National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA) annual convention held in San Diego, in the USA.
The NMEA-BWI Technology Award recognises recently introduced products and singles out the 'best' based on a combination of innovative design, benefits to boaters, practicality and value. Judging is carried out by Boating Writers International (BWI) which reviews what’s new in the world of boating and electronic products.
Bill Bishop, this year’s head judge, said, 'The new Raymarine autopilot, after a simple dockside set-up, automatically teaches itself how to steer the boat and linearizes the compass. This artificial intelligence-feeling system eliminates the traditional seatrial autopilot calibration and, when coupled with the mount-almost-anywhere heading sensor, made it a technology stand-out.'
Grégoire Outters, Raymarine’s General Manager, said, 'The NMEA-BWI Technology Award further recognizes Raymarine’s passion for creating innovative products that benefit the boating industry and public as a whole. It’s a huge boost for everyone here to have our revolutionary new Evolution™ autopilot recognized in this way.'
Evolution™ was launched earlier this year and has attracted the attention of boat owners and boat manufacturers everywhere for its great performance, simple Automagic™ calibration, and ease of installation. Evolution™ combines advanced aerospace guidance technology with Raymarine’s marine autopilot expertise to deliver a breakthrough in autopilot intelligence; Raymarine’s Evolution™ autopilot also won the Innovation Award at IBEX last month.
Raymarine’s Evolution™ autopilot – a summary
At the heart of the Evolution autopilot system is the ultra-compact, EV sensor core; a 9-axis heading sensor and full function course computer in one. Around the same size as a typical marine GPS sensor, the EV sensor core can be either bracket-mounted or flush-mounted horizontally, and as it is built to IPX6 and IPX7 waterproofing and submersion standards, it can be installed above or below decks as space and practicality dictate.
The EV sensor core comes in two versions; EV-1 for Raymarine drive systems and EV-2 for drive-by-wire systems. EV-1 uses SeaTalkng cabling for a single power and data connection to an Actuator Control Unit (ACU) which provides power Raymarine hydraulic or mechanical autopilot drives.
EV-2 simply uses a direct DeviceNet connection to a third party drive-by-wire system such as Teleflex Optimus 360, Volvo Penta IPS or ZF Pod Drive. Autopilot control can be via the p70 or p70R control head or now direct from a Raymarine latest generation MFD (multifunction display) using Raymarine’s latest innovation; the ECI-100 Universal Engine Interface.
The ECI-100 Universal Engine and Control Interface also collects and connects engine information to give the user simple and immediate access to engine performance data, fuel consumption and alarms via a full range of customizable information screens on Raymarine’s multifunction displays (MFDs).
Setting-up an Evolution autopilot takes just 30 seconds; select the boat type – large power, small power, or sail; select the drive type – hydraulic, mechanical, or outboard; and choose the performance level – performance, cruise, or leisure, it is as easy as that.
EV Sensor Core benefits
• Precision monitoring of heading, pitch, roll, and yaw allowing the autopilot to evolve instantly as sea conditions and vessel dynamics change.
• Flexible installation options. Mount above or below deck.Simple SeaTalkng connectivity to the control head and ACU.
• Solid state sensor technology delivers dynamic accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions.
• Auto-compensation for on board magnetic fields and reliable heading accuracy in northern and southern extremes.
• Fast and reliable heading data for MARPA, radar overlay, and heading modes on Raymarine multifunction displays.
Evolution™ autopilot benefits
On Track Performance
• Smoother, more progressive turn-in.
• Assured performance for all hull types, at all speeds, with no calibration.
• Automatic optimal boat response in all sea states and weather conditions
• Selectable modes emphasize comfort, economy, or accuracy
• Solid state technology with 9-axis stabilization.
• Dynamic accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions.
• Automatic compensation for magnetic fields.
• Enhanced accuracy in extreme north and south latitudes.
For sales enquiries contact Raymarine Asia Pty Ltd on (02) 8977 0300.
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
12:12 AM Wed 16 Oct 2013GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
MORE STORIES ...
Related News Stories: