Sydney Boat Show - With diamond-shaped vertical bows, levitating deckhouse and aft rig, the Lagoon Catamaran 52 is no ordinary catamaran in Australia.
Its originality goes a great deal further than just its 'outer' appearance or its interior layout.
She is complete with Lagoon expertise: infusion-moulding for increased weight saving (important for a catamaran), an optimal structure, and greater protection for the environment and shipbuilders and also an interior woodwork in Alpi® reconstituted wood, a sustainable source.
The Lagoon 52 has a wide choice of layouts including three, four or five cabins, with respectively three, four or five washrooms. Exterior with elegance, comfort and safety:
- The cockpit is level with the saloon, and has an outdoor lounge and sun-lounging area to starboard.
- The fly bridge is reached either by a staircase leading from the cockpit, or by another leading from the deck on the starboard side.
- The steering station can be adjusted to three different positions (starboard, centre or port), giving the skipper perfect visibility under sail or when manoeuvring. Rigging: combining performance and user-friendliness
- The decision to locate the mast further to aft directly comes from the designers’ racing experience and has many advantages on a cruising catamaran:
- A large forward triangle allows a larger sails choice: a promise for great performance.
- The shorter boom makes the mainsail much easier to maneuver.
- The mainsail, which is relatively narrower and higher, benefits from better winds at the top, thus enhancing performance. Interior with as much comfort as space and light:
- The saloon encompasses the lounge and dining table to starboard, a large galley to port which gives on directly to the cockpit to form a large ‘L’, together with the chart table in the middle, facing out to sea.
- All the cabins have large double beds, storage space in keeping with the offshore sailing program of the boat and, of course, an en-suite bathroom with separate shower.
- The cabins have incomparable natural lighting thanks to the fixed hull windows, together with excellent ventilation thanks to the deck hatches and portholes that open out to the hull-side or to the cockpit.
Come to discover this amazing boat at the Sydney Boat Show from 31st July to 4th August.
Find more information at Lagoon Catamarans