Sydney Boat Show - With diamond-shaped vertical bows, levitating deckhouse and aft rig, the Lagoon Catamaran 52 is no ordinary catamaran in Australia.
Lagoon 52, her Australian premier at Sydney Boat Show
Its originality goes a great deal further than just its 'outer' appearance or its interior layout.
She is complete with Lagoon expertise: infusion-moulding for increased weight saving (important for a catamaran), an optimal structure, and greater protection for the environment and shipbuilders and also an interior woodwork in Alpi® reconstituted wood, a sustainable source.
The Lagoon 52 has a wide choice of layouts including three, four or five cabins, with respectively three, four or five washrooms.
Exterior with elegance, comfort and safety:
- The cockpit is level with the saloon, and has an outdoor lounge and sun-lounging area to starboard.
- The fly bridge is reached either by a staircase leading from the cockpit, or by another leading from the deck on the starboard side.
- The steering station can be adjusted to three different positions (starboard, centre or port), giving the skipper perfect visibility under sail or when manoeuvring.
The Lagoon 52 will be premiering at the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show Arm D/E2 - Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show May 22-25 2014
Rigging: combining performance and user-friendliness
- The decision to locate the mast further to aft directly comes from the designers’ racing experience and has many advantages on a cruising catamaran:
- A large forward triangle allows a larger sails choice: a promise for great performance.
- The shorter boom makes the mainsail much easier to maneuver.
- The mainsail, which is relatively narrower and higher, benefits from better winds at the top, thus enhancing performance.
Interior with as much comfort as space and light:
- The saloon encompasses the lounge and dining table to starboard, a large galley to port which gives on directly to the cockpit to form a large ‘L’, together with the chart table in the middle, facing out to sea.
- All the cabins have large double beds, storage space in keeping with the offshore sailing program of the boat and, of course, an en-suite bathroom with separate shower.
- The cabins have incomparable natural lighting thanks to the fixed hull windows, together with excellent ventilation thanks to the deck hatches and portholes that open out to the hull-side or to the cockpit.
Come to discover this amazing boat at the Sydney Boat Show from 31st July to 4th August.
Find more information at Lagoon Catamarans.